[INES Announce] Evento acerca de ALERTA -en espanol- miércoles el 21

Elizabeth Reddy reddy at mines.edu
Tue Jun 20 14:02:03 PDT 2023

Hello all!

I’m doing something a little weird tomorrow. Maybe you would like to join me or at least to announce it via your channels?

There will be a conversation at la UNAM about my book ¡ALERTA!<https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262545518/alerta/> with Ing. Juan Manuel Espinosa Aranda of CIRES (whose work is at the center of the story I wrote) and the brilliant scholar of science in Mexico, Dr Luis Reyes Galindo. Dra. Naxhelli Ruiz Rivera of the Instituto de Geografía will serve as our moderator, and it's bound to be a provocative and thoughtful encounter.

I’m tremendously excited about the opportunity … and you will be pleased to hear that there will be a translator to help me, and you will not be distracted by my ungrammatical Spanish.

I hope you’re all doing well this summer and that we can catch up soon.

Best,
Beth

Elizabeth Reddy, PhD
she/her/hers

Assistant Professor | Engineering, Design, & Society | Geophysics
Associate Director | Humanitarian Engineering and Science
Colorado School of Mines

reddy at mines.edu<mailto:reddy at mines.edu>  |  www.elizabethreddy.info<http://www.elizabethreddy.info>  |  (503) 810-2267