[INES Announce] Join us on Friday Oct 25 at 11am EDT: Guru Madhavan at the Engineering Studies Working Group

Ryan Hearty rhearty1 at jhu.edu
Mon Oct 14 13:36:23 PDT 2024

Dear INES,

We're thrilled to host Guru Madhavan at our next Engineering Studies group meeting! Join us on Friday, October 25, 2024 11:00 am to 12:00 pm EDT to talk with Guru about his new book, Wicked Problems: How to Engineer a Better World (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2024).

Order the book here:
https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393651461

For our discussion, you can read Guru's recent post in NAE Perspectives:
https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2024/03/engineering-our-wicked-problems

See you next Friday!

Best wishes,

Ryan Hearty and Ellan Spero, co-chairs

Ryan Hearty, Ph.D.
Lecturer, Johns Hopkins University

Ellan F. Spero, Ph.D.
Instructor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Co-Founder and Professor of the Practice, Station1

On behalf of the "Engineering Studies" working group at CHSTM
https://www.chstm.org/content/engineering-studies-0

Recommend a topic for discussion!
https://forms.gle/qDZkkNJBBG8uLnFMA